MATLAB Installation For Windows at Ryerson University
MATLAB 30-day Expiry Message?
If you have been using MATLAB successfully and you are getting a warning about the license expiring in 30 days, you need to update your MATLAB license file, by follow the steps in the License Upgrade Guide.
MATLAB Installation Guide
This is a step-by-step guide for undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff at Ryerson University, who wish to install Matlab for Windows/XP. Matlab is also available for Linux, Mac OS X and other platforms.
You can click on any image in the guide for a larger version.
STAGE 1: Register with Mathworks
- (You will need a @ryerson.ca account (My Ryerson email) to register at Mathworks.)
- You will also need the latest Java Runtime Environment to proceed with the installation. Download JRE and install it before you begin.
- You will be required to be logged-in to a computer on the Ryerson network during this stage.
STAGE 2: Associate your Mathworks account
- You will be required to be logged-in to a computer on the Ryerson network during this stage, to download the license key.
STAGE 3: Download/Activate Matlab
- You have two download options at this stage: if you are on campus, you can download faster from Ryerson's mirror; if you are at home, you have to download from Mathworks.
- You will require approximately 2 GB of free disk space
Installation for OS X and GNU/Linux
This guide does not cover installation of Matlab for other platforms as the installation procedures are platform specific but the Registration/Activation stages, as specified above for Windows, are identical.
Once you have downloaded the License Key, the Matlab installer and Matlab packages to your computer, you no longer need to be connected to the Ryerson network to install Matlab.
Additional Technical Support
A list of Matlab toolboxes that Ryerson University has licensed.