Javad Alirezaie received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Tehran University in 1988 and his M.A.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Systems Design Engineering (specializing in Biomedical Engineering) from University of Waterloo in 1992 and 1996, respectively. He was a postdoctoral fellow at McMaster University for one year and was an Assistant Professor at Wilfred Laurier and Lakehead universities from 1998-2000. He joined Ryerson in 2001. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and an adjunct professor with the Department of Systems Design Engineering at University of Waterloo. Dr Alirezaie is the author / coauthor of over 100 research papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings to date and is involved in a variety of funded research projects. Dr. Alirezaie is the Associate Editor of Medical Physics journal and a program committee member of the CRV and ICIAR conferences. He is also a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), and a member of IEEE, SPIE, and EMB society.
Biomedical signals and image processing, computer aided diagnosis, neural networks, pattern recognition, computer vision and modeling, bioinformatics and bioengineering.
- Armin Eftekhari, Mohamad Forouzanfar Hamid Abrishami Moghaddam, and Javad Alirezaie,"Block-wise 2D kernel PCA/LDA for face recognition", Information Processing Letters, Elsevier, 110 (2010), Page(s): 761-766.
- M. Marsousi, A. Eftekhari, A. Kocharian, J. Alirezaie, "Endocardial boundary extraction in left ventricular echocardiographic images using fast and adaptive B-spline snake algorithm," Int. J. CARS. (published (online first), DOI 10.1007/s11548-010-0404-0), Springer, 2010.
- S. Zarei Mahmoodabadi, J. Alirezaie, P. Babyn, A. Kassner, E. Widjaja, "Wavelets and Fuzzy Relational Classifiers: A Novel Spectroscopy Analysis System for Pediatric Metabolic Brain Diseases", Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Elsevier, 2010, Vol 161, No 1., Page(s): 75-95.
- Emma Helm, Omid Talakoub, Francesco Grasso, Dorren Engelberts, Javad Alierzaie, Brian Kavanagh, and Paul Babyn, "Use of Dynamic CT in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) with Comparison of Positive and Negative-Pressure Ventilation", European Radiology, Volume 19, No. 1, January 2009 .
- Negar Memarian, Matthew Jessulat, Javad Alirezaie, Nadereh Mir-Rashed, Jianhua Xu, Mehri Zareie, Myron Smith and Ashkan Golshani, "Colony size measurement of the yeast gene deletion strains for functional genomics", Bioinformatics, Vol. 8, No. 117, April 2007.