Dr. Ngok-Wah Ma received the B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Waterloo, Ont., Canada in 1982, 1984, and 1988, respectively. In September 1988 he joined the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ont., Canada, where he is currently a professor and the director of the Computer Networks Master of Engineering program. His current research interests include network security, wireless networks, and peer-to-peer networks. He is a senior member of IEEE and a member of Professional Engineer of Ontario.
- Network security
- Internet protocols
- X. Li, S. Krishnan and N.W. Ma, "A Wavelet-PCA-Based Fingerprinting Scheme for Peer-to-Peer Video File Sharing", Accepted in IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security.
- M. Veyseh, A. Anpalagan and N.W. Ma, "Adaptive Channel and Superframe Allocation (ACSA) for 60 GHz Wireless Networks", Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Online publication: 20-APR-2010, DOI information: 10.1016/j.mcm.2010.03.027
- Y. Jia, L. Zhao and N.W. Ma, "A hierarchical clustering-based routing protocol for wireless sensor networks supporting multiple data aggregation qualities", Int. J. Sensor Networks, Vol. 4, No. 1/2, pp.79-91, 2008.
- K. Abdel Hafeez, L. Zhao, Z. Liao, N.W. Ma, "Broadcast Storm Problem in Vehicular Ad hoc Networks" submitted to 2010 IEEE 71st Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC2010-Spring 16-19 May 2010, Taipei, Taiwan
- K. Abdel Hafeez, L. Zhao, Z. Liao, N.W. Ma, "The Optimal Radio Propagation Model in VANET", Systems and Networks Communications, 2009. ICSNC '09. Fourth International Conference, 2009, Porto