Beau A. Standish received his B.Eng. in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in 2002. He was then employed by Xanoptix Inc., a successful high-tech parallel transceiver start-up company in Nashua, NH, USA from 2002-2004. He then entered the Medical Biophysics graduate program at the University of Toronto and graduated with a PhD in 2009. His research interests, as an assistant professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ryerson University, include the field of optical coherence tomography and surgical guidance technologies.
- Optical coherence tomography;
- Medical imaging;
- Surgical navigation;
- Optical biopsy;
- Hand held medical devices.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Ryerson/Ontario Post Doctoral Fellow Award 2010-2012
- National Cancer Institute of Canada— Terry Fox Foundation Research Studentship 2007-2010
- 2nd Place in North America SPIE Educational Scholarship in Optical Science and Engineering 2007
- Sun C., Standish B.A., Yang V.X.D., "Optical coherence elastography: current status and future applications," Journal of Biomedical Optics 16 , 043001, 2011.
- Standish B.A., Lee K., Mariampillai A., Munce N., Leung M., Yang V., Vitkin I.A. "In-Vivo Endoscopic Multi-Beam optical coherence tomography" Physics in Medicine and Biology 55, 615-622, 2010.
- Standish B.A., Lee K.K.C., Jin X., Mariampillai A., Munce N.R., Wood M.F.G., Wilson B.C., Vitkin I.A., Yang V.X.D. "Interstitial Doppler optical coherence tomography as a predictor of localized tumor necrosis of photodynamic therapy in prostatic carcinoma: A preclinical in vivo study," Cancer Research 68, 9987-9995, 2008.
- Lam S., Standish B.A., Baldwin C., McWilliams A., leRiche J., Gazdar A., Vitkin A.I., Yang V., Ikeda N., MacAulay C. "In-vivo optical coherence tomography imaging of pre-invasive and invasive bronchial lesions," Clinical Cancer Research 7, 2006-2011 (2008).
- Standish B.A., Yang V.X.D., Munce N.R., Wong Kee Song L.M., Lin A., Mao Y., Vitkin I.A., Marcon N.E., Wilson B.C. "Doppler optical coherence tomography monitoring of microvascular response during photodynamic therapy in a Barrett's Esophagus rat model," Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 66, 326-333, 2007.
BME 804 Design of Bio-MEMS