• Toronto ranked #1 safest city in North America and #4 in the world • Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering ranked Nº7 in Canada for Overall Research, NTU International Rankings • Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering ranked Nº4 for faculty h-index in Canada for Overall Research, NTU International Rankings • Engineering not for women? WRONG!: Dept of ELCE is proud to announce that 1st year ELCE students are 25% female with Biomedical Engineering at 53%! Graduate Student female population at 25% and a strong female faculty contingent also at 25% • Strong Enrolment: ELCE Department currently has 1179 undergraduate students, 167 graduate students • Toronto tied with Boston as one of the best "Student Cities" in the QS Worldwide Rankings • Ryerson Engineering ranked among the Top 10 Engineering Schools in Canada, Maclean's & US News
The Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 43 full-time faculty members, 14 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 150 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to one Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in Software and Semantic Computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in Biomedical Engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards.
- COMPUTER NETWORKS PROGRAM DIRECTOR • Muhammad Jaseemuddin takes over as the new Computer Networks (CN) program director. Congratulations to Prof. Jaseemuddin and a big "thank you" to the outgoing program director, Bobby Ma, who has been the CN director since its inception.
- CAPSTONE OPEN HOUSE PHOTO ALBUM • Photos of the projects and the participants of the 2018 Capstone Design Open House.
- TORONTO RANKED 13TH BEST STUDENT CITY • Toronto tied for 13th place with Boston in the QS Worldwide Rankings of the best "Student Cities".
- DEPARTMENT NAME CHANGE • The Ryerson Senate unanimously approved the name change of the Department; it will now be called the Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering.
Leading the Charge • This conference brings together prominent utility experts and researchers from across Canada and the United States to explore all aspects of energy storage — including the various storage technologies; how best to integrate them into the electricity grid; implications of increased energy storage adoption to utilities, manufacturers and consumers; and opportunities for commercialization. • Details