CAD Activate (Graduate Students and Faculty ONLY)
IMPORTANT: undergraduate students should NOT perform these stepsAs a graduate student, every time a CMC tool is accessed within the EE department, it requests a license from the license server, located at Queens University. To get access to a CMC tool (Cadence/Synopsys/Mentor) you must first have your supervisor's CMC account (which has a subscription to the tool(s) you need) linked to your CMC student account and then have you EE account associated with your CMC account.
Activate your CMC license as follows:
- Visit www.cmc.ca and register an account with CMC.
- Once you have registered your account with CMC, ask your supervisor to associate their CMC account with your CMC account so that you can access the relevant tools.
- Once your supervisor's account is associated with your account,
you have to associate your EE account to your CMC account. Here are the steps to do this:
- Login to any workstation in ENG406/ENG408 using your EE login/password.
- Open the Terminal application (found at the bottom of the Applications desktop menu) and type the command "cadactivate" at the command line prompt.
- When the login window appears, use your CMC login/password credentials to log in.
- Wait 24 hours after running cadactivate and you'll be able to use Cadence/Synopsys/Mentor.
If you run into licensing issues after this, please email Jason and he should be able to help.