• Toronto ranked #1 safest city in North America and #4 in the world • Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering ranked Nº7 in Canada for Overall Research, NTU International Rankings • Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering ranked Nº4 for faculty h-index in Canada for Overall Research, NTU International Rankings • Engineering not for women? WRONG!: Dept of ELCE is proud to announce that 1st year ELCE students are 25% female with Biomedical Engineering at 53%! Graduate Student female population at 25% and a strong female faculty contingent also at 25% • Strong Enrolment: ELCE Department currently has 1179 undergraduate students, 167 graduate students • Ryerson Engineering ranked among the Top 10 Engineering Schools in Canada, Maclean's & US News
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 150 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to one Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in Software and Semantic Computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in Biomedical Engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards.
- ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS • A photo album of the awards ceremony honouring undergraduate and graduate student academic excellence.
- PLENARY TALK AT COBEP 2017 • Amir Yazdani, addressed the XIV Brazilian Power Electronics Conference as a Plenary Speaker.
- 2017 RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS • A catalog of journal publications published by the faculty and their graduate students.
- 3 TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITIONS • Three openings in the Department for Assistant Professors in Electrical (CRC), Computer and Biomedical (CRC) Engineering.
- MENG PROJECT DEFENSE ◊ Zhaomin Yuan • "High precision circular plane system for angular measurement" • Dec. 13, 11:30A, ENG471
- MENG PROJECT DEFENSE ◊ Aakriti Tarun Sharma • "A Rapid Design Space Exploration Approach for Multi-Objective Optimization of DSP Filter Designs" • Dec. 14, 11A, ENG471