On behalf of the Awards Committee, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, I would like to thank all those who made our Awards Ceremony 2005 a success. It was a celebration for hardworking students and an honour for the award donor's continuing support.
In total, 171 award recipients were honored in the ceremony. There were 142 undergraduate awards (approximately $270,000 value) which included 30 entrance scholarships, 70 in-program scholarships and 42 other scholarships; students in the Dean's list were also recognized. In addition there were 30 research awards ($360,000 in value) which include NSERC CGS, NSERC PGS, NSERC USRA, OGS and OGSST.
We take this opportunity to thank all the distinguished guests:
- Dr. Sheldon Levy, The President, Ryerson University
- Dr. Errol Aspevig, Provost & Vice President, Academic
- Ms. Janet Nankivell, Director of Development
- Dr. Stalin Boctor, Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Science (FEAS)
- Dr. Zouheir Fawaz, Associate Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Science (FEAS)
- Dr. Alireza Sedaghian, Chair, Dept. of Computer Science
- Ms. Lisa Anderson, Coordinator of Ryerson's Women in Engineering
- Dr. Robert T. H. Alden, President, IEEE Canadian Foundation and Professor Emeritus, McMaster University
- Dr. Wallas Khella, Director, IEEE Canadian Foundation and Chair, Life Members Chapter, IEEE Toronto Section
- Mr. Derrick Wilson, Secretary and Past President of Ontario Professional Engineers Foundation for Education
- Mr. Ron Sparrow, Treasurer from the Ontario Professional Engineers Foundation for Education
- Mrs. Phyllis Platnick and Mr. Howard Platnick.
I would especially like to also thank Dr. Sri Krishnan for his constant support; Drs. Mike Kassam, Richard Cheung, Olivia Das, Adnan Kabbani, Ivan Lee and Mr. Peter Chun for their participation and contribution to the Awards Committee; Ms. Yvonne Cordwell for all the tireless work; Drs. Mehmet Zeytinoglu, Fei Yuan, Bin Wu, Lian Zhao, Dimitri Androutsos and Mr. Kris Bitner for reading out the awards; Ms. Mary Mack, Ms. Gulia and Ms. Marta Toste for their support; Mr. Peter Chun and Mr. Danoush Hosseinzadeh for the video recording and photography and Ms. April Khademi for the announcements.
Chair, Awards Committee