Faezeh Ensan received her B.Sc. degree from University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran (2004), her M.Sc. degree from Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran (2006), and her Ph.D. degree from University of New Brunswick, Canada (2011). She worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of New Brunswick and the University of British Columbia and has been funded by NSERC and Mitacs for a number research projects with industrial partners including an NSERC Industrial R&D Fellowship. She joined Ryerson in August 2019.
Information Retrieval, knowledge engineering, semantics, and applications of data science in software engineering.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- NSERC Industrial Research Fellowship, 2014-2016
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, School of Computing and Information Systems, Athabasca, 2012-2014
- Mitacs Accelerate Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2011-2012
- Postgraduate Scholarship, Atlantic Canada Opportunity Agency (ACOA) through the Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF), 2006 to 2010
- International Semantic Web Student Fellowship, 7th International Semantic Web Conference, Karlsruhe, Germany, October 26-30, 2008
- NeOn Student Prize for the best paper at the 16th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management, EKAW 2008, 29 September - 3 October 2008, Acitrezza, Catania, Italy.