I specialize in the engineering and clinical applications of advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to facilitate understanding of fetal development and maternal-fetal physiology. My work is conducted collaboratively with clinicians from The Hospital for Sick Children, Mount Sinai Hospital, and St. Michael's Hospital.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS)
- Chemical Exchange Saturation Transfer (CEST)
- Automatic image segmentation
- Machine / Deep learning
- Image registration
- Clinical applications
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- NSERC CGS-D3 (2010-2013)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (2010)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2008-2009)
- President's Graduate Scholarship (2008-2009)
- MSc Graduate Scholarship (2007)
- Sussman D, et al. (201x). "Effects of physical activity and sedentary behaviours on fetal and maternal outcomes: a prospective cohort", Am. J. Obstetrics and Gynecology, in press.
- Sussman D, et al. (2017). "Concussion induces focal and widespread neuromorphological changes", Neuroscience Letters 650: 52-59.
- Sussman D, et al. (2016). "Effects of maternal physical activity on fetal breathing and body movement", Best Practice Guidelines: Special Issue on Exercise during pregnancy: Fetal physiological implications, Early Human Development 94, p. 53-56.
- Sussman D, et al. (2015). "The Autism Puzzle: Diffuse but not pervasive neuroanatomical abnormalities in children with ASD", Neuroimage: Clinical 8, p. 170-179.
- Sussman D, et al. (2014). "Gestational Ketogenic Diet programs brain structure and susceptibility to depression and anxiety in the adult mouse offspring", Neurobehaviour of Adult Offspring. Brain and Behavior 5(2), p.1-12.