Lian Zhao received the B.Sc. (with Honors) degree from Civil Aviation University of China in 1990, M.S. degree in Wuhan University, China in 1993, and Ph.D. degree from University of Waterloo in 2002, all in electrical engineering.
She was with Air China from 1993 to 1995, with RADA Electronics Beijing Branch from 1995 to 1998 as an electrical engineer in engineering department. Since 2003, she has been with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Ryerson University.
- Wireless communications, centralized and distributed radio resource management;
- Green communication and computation, edge computing, IoT;
- Vehicular ad-hoc networks: safety message dissemination, SDN technologies;
- Incentive mechanism design, optimizations;
- K. A. Hafeez, L.Zhao, B. Ma and J. W. Mark, “Performance Analysis and Enhancement of the DSRC for VANET's Safety Applications”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, No. 7, pp3069-3083, Sep., 2013 (2016 Best Land Transportation Paper Award from IEEE Vehicular Technology Society)
- J. Gao, L. Zhao, and X. Shen, “Network utility maximization based on incentive mechanism for truthful reporting of local information", published on-line, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2018
- P. He, L.Zhao, S. Zhou and Z. S. Niu, “Water-filling: a geometric approach and its application to solve generalized radio resource allocation problems”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, No. 7, July, pp3637-3647, 2013
- P. He, L.Zhao, S. Zhou and Z. S. Niu, “Recursive water-filling for wireless links with energy harvesting transmitters”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 63, No. 3, March, pp1232-1241, 2014