The Research Internship Program provided by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ryerson University provides full-time undergraduate students in Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering programs at Ryerson University with the opportunities to undertake a supervised research project with a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering over a three-month period (May 15 – August 15).
Students will apply the knowledge and skills acquired in their prior studies in undertaking challenging research projects. In addition, they will gain critical knowledge and research skills in the chosen field of research through a close interaction with supervising faculty members and graduate students. Moreover, students will have the opportunities to study advanced subjects. Finally, research and innovation will bring student's career expectation to a total different level and will be deeply rewarding.
BENEFITS OF THE RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Acquire solid research skills to succeed in your career within the rapidly evolving electrical, computer and biomedical fields
- Get involved in the leading-edge research undertaken by faculty members
- Gain critical knowledge and research skills in chosen field of research
- Access to research laboratories and interaction with graduate students
- Opportunity to publish research findings in scientific journals and conference proceedings
- Prepare for graduate studies at Ryerson University and other leading institutions
- Paid summer employment
ELIGIBILITY FOR RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Full-time students in Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering programs in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ryerson University.
- Students who do not hold major internal or external scholarships.
- Must be a second-year* or third-year** student who meets the following requirements:
- The minimum CGPA for 3rd-year students (excluding liberal studies): B +
- The minimum CGPA for 2nd-year students (excluding liberal studies): A -
*second-year students are those who have at least one second-year technical course to complete by the end of winter term.
**third-year students are those who have at least one third-year technical course to complete by the end of winter term.
PAYMENT, DURATION and LOCATION OF RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Student will receive a total of $3,000 over 3 months (excluding taxes), benefits included— $2,500 from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and $500 from research supervisor. Research supervisors may choose to provide additional payments to students.
The Research Internship will take place from May 15 to August 15 in the chosen supervisor's research laboratory in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Ryerson University.
Click on the View Projects button below to view the Research Internship Projects. A link to the application form is available at the bottom of each project description page.