The President will:
- Run meetings (Adductor)
- Represent club
- Emphasize the need for equal participation and assumption of the responsibilities of each executive member.
The Vice President will:
- Ensure smooth functioning of the club.
- Advise the President.
- Assume presidential duties in the absence of the President.
- Take on the administrative responsibilities for the projects
- To insure that the labs are available and in working order
- To make sure students are working on non related academic projects and using the parts provided in a valid project that was approved by the HEC Executive.
- Help with inventory management
The V.P. Finance will:
- Responsible for keeping track if inventory, by keeping inventory lists up to date. This includes signing in and out of parts given to students.
- financial statements are updated and tracked with bi-yearly budgeting. (which must be provided to the HEC club faculty rep.)
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Manage the e-mail account
- Take minutes of the meetings
- Aid other Executives in their duties
All Executive Members:
- Ensure that the executive for replacement has been set up for the following year
- Ensure that all other members of the executive are performing their duties
- Make sure the club is being run within accordance to the constitution
- Promote enthusiasm and member involvement
- Manage large projects
- Help out in labs with lab hours
- Vote on approval of funds and inventory for projects
- Ensure that the web page is up to date
The executive members will be instated through a written proposal followed by an interview conducted by the current executive members. The current executive members will collect all applications and select at least 2 applicants per position. Once suitable candidates have been selected the executive members will conduct an interview to select who will best fit the position.
In order to be eligible for an executive position the applicant must be a member of the club for at least 13 weeks. If there is only one eligible person for a position, that person will be elected to that position. Priority will be given to applicants who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in HEC.
The applications will be due 3 weeks before the winter exams and the interviews will be held in the last 2 weeks before the winter exams.
At no time will an applicant be selected or rejected on social issues. If any issues are thought to be present students may take it up with the faculty representative. All applicants will be selected on the basis of who is best for the position. An applicant may apply for more then one position but will only be elected to one.
ALL OF THE ABOVE MUST BE KNOWN BY ALL STUDENTS APPLYING WITH NO EXCEPTION, FACULTY REPRESENTATIVE MUST ALSO HAVE A COPY OF THE CONSTITUTION AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN TO STUDENTS.
An executive member can only be removed from office if the executive member is deemed to be failing their obligations to the club. An executive member can be deemed unsuitable if all the remaining executive members vote to have the other member impeached or a petition signed by at least 60% of the non-executive members and at least 50% of the executive members stating that the member in question is not living up to there obligations.