On-going Funded Research and Development Project
- Dynamic Radio Resource Management for Advanced Wireless Communication Systems, NSERC Discovery program, 2014-2019;
- Network EVs for Green Intelligent Transportation, NSERC Strategic Project (team with Univesity of Victoria and Univeristy of Waterloo), 2016-2019;
- Key technology research on optimal policy of heterogeneous vehicular networks based on SDN and SDR, Oversea Collaborative Research Funds, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 2018-2019;
Support from NSERC
- Development of robotic technology to trim custom molded polyurethanes parts, NSERC Engage, 8/2015-1/2016;
- Optimal Scheduling and Control for Green Energy Systems, funded by NSERC Engage program, 2014.
- Networking in-door Wellness Appliances, funded by NSERC Engage program, 2014.
- Radio Resource Management for Cooperative Wireless Communication Networks, funded by Discovery Program, 2009-2014.
- Dynamic Power Control and Rate Allocation in WCDMA Systems, funded by Discovery Program, 2004-2009.
- MCU Based Data Acquisition for Structural Health Monitoring, funded by Engage program, 2013-2014
- Prototyping Battery Powered HVAC for Long-Hual Trucks, funded by Engage program, 2012.
- Power Line Communication (PLC) for Automotive Applications, funded by Engage program, 2010-2011.
Support from Ontario Center of Excellence (OCE)
- Optimal charging scheduling for electrical vehicle with smart grid, OCE, 2015-2016;
- Plasma Trigger for Intake Air on Internal Combustion Engines for Emission Reduction, OCE, 3/2015 - 12/2015;
- Smart Air Purifiers for Home Automation, OCE, 1/2015 - 12/2015;
- Battery Powered HVAC, funded by Technial problem solving (TPS) program, 2013-2014.
- Robust Power Line Communication (PLC) for Automotive Applications, funded by Collaborative Research Program, 2012-2014.
- Development of a New Generation AET (Acoustic Emission Transmission) System, funded by Collaborative Research Program, 2007-2009, co-applicant.
Support from Ryerson University and Others
- Load Balance for Smart Power Grid, Ryerson University, FEAS-DRF Connector award, 2015-2016.
- Active Noice Cancellation, funded by Ryerson FEAS-DRF Connector program, 2013-2014.
- Local Positioning System for the Architectural/Engineering/Construction Industry, funded by Ryerson Interdisciplinary Research Program, 2008-2009.
- Advanced Vehicle Control Systems Supporting Intelligent Transportation Systems, MTO, the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, 2008-2009.
Funded Infrastructure Project
- 2015 Dean's Research Fund - Tools Competition, Emission reduction for green transportation II.
- 2014 Dean's Research Fund - Tools Competition, Emission reduction for green transportation I.
- Optic Fiber Sensing Wireless Network Laboratory, funded by OCE/MRI New Opportunity program, 2004, co-applicant.
Research Support Acknowledgement
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC);
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE);
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) ;
- Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI);
- Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
- Ryerson University