Dr. Vadim L. Geurkov, P.Eng.
Associate Professor Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Ryerson University Tel: 416-979-5000 x 6088 Fax: 416-979-5280
Vadim L. Geurkov received his M.A.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Georgian Polytechnic University, Tbilisi, Georgia (1981), and his Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from the Institute of Control Science Moscow, Russia (1993). From 1981 to 1983 and from 1987 to 1998 he worked as a Design Engineer and a Senior Hardware and Firmware Developer at the Institute of Automation, Elva Inc., Tbilisi, Georgia. From 1998 to 2000, he was a Professor at Centennial College and Seneca College, Toronto, Canada. Since August 2000, he has been with Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, where he holds a position of an Associate Professor.
- COE328 - Digital Systems
- COE538 - Microprocessor Systems
- COE700 - Engineering Design
- COE800 - Design Project
- EE 8505 - Digital Systems Testing
- EE 8110 - Coding Techniques for Digital Communications
- Built-In Self-Test and Self-Repair in Re-Configurable Computing Systems
- Digital and Mixed-Signal Systems Testing and Testable Design
- Self-Diagnosis in Microprocessor Based Measurement Instruments
- Fault Tolerance in Digital and Mixed-Signal Systems
- Error-Control Codes
- Dynamically Reconfigurable Multi-Stream Processor for DVB Applications - OCE-CCIT & Soft-R.US Inc.
- Fast Track: High Frame Rate Stereovision Tracking Sensor - OCE-CITO & MDA Space Missions Inc.
- Development of an FPGA Based Platform with a SEU Self-Restoration Capability - OCE-MMO & Unique Broadband Systems Ltd.
- PCI-to-LAN Interface Module for Reconfigurable Computing Modules - OCE-MMO & Controller Area Networks Ltd.
- Application of Error-Control Codes to Digital Systems Testing - NSERC.
- Self-Diagnosis and Self-Restoration in Reconfigurable Parallel Data-Flow Computing Systems - NSERC.
- Decoding Methods in Error-Control and their Use for Testing - Ryerson University.
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
- Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
- IEEE (Senior Member)