Mar 27, 2013
Dear Students :
It is my great pleasure to inform you that the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is formally launching its Research Internship Program (www.ee.ryerson.ca/undergraduate/rip/).
The Research Internship Program provided by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ryerson University provides full-time undergraduate students in Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering programs at Ryerson University with the opportunities to undertake a supervised research project with a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering over a three-month period (May 15 — August 15).
Students will apply the knowledge and skills acquired in their prior studies in undertaking challenging research projects. In addition, they will gain critical knowledge and research skills in the chosen field of research through a close interaction with supervising faculty members and graduate students. Moreover, students will have the opportunities to study advanced subjects. Finally, research and innovation will bring student's career expectation to a total different level and will be deeply rewarding.
WHY RESEARCH INTERSHIP PROGRAM?
- Rapidly evolving electrical, computer, and biomedical fields require students to have solid research skills to succeed in their career
- Get involved in the leading-edge research undertaken by faculty members
- Gain critical knowledge and research skills in chosen field of research
- Access to research laboratories and interaction with graduate students
- Opportunity to publish research findings in scientific journals and conference proceedings
- Prepare for graduate studies at Ryerson University and other leading institutions
- Paid summer employment
Sixteen faculty members have very kindly agreeed to provide financial supports to a total of 16 research projects for 2013 summer. I strongly encourage those who want to undertake a research project with faculty members over the summer to take the advantages of this unique opportunity to apply (The application is form is online).
All the best,
Fei Yuan, PhD.
Professor and Chair
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering