Must Reads For Students
- Data Book Library: If you can't find it on the “WWW” we have a collection of old IC Data books, which may be borrowed, see Jim in ENG 418.
- Electronics Magazine Library: Back issues of Circuit Cellar Ink, Radio Electronics, Elektor, Electronics Now, Nuts and Volts, may be borrowed, see Jim in ENG 418.
- Labs equipment and software: If you need a special piece of equipment, or have a problem with the equipment in the a lab, see Jim in ENG 418.
For issues with software and your department account please go to ENG439 and talk to Jason or Dan.
Note: Many questions are answered in the student network guide. I suggest you read it first before seeing the guys in ENG439 because that's the first thing they will ask you. Student Guides
- Lab Kits: Several courses require a kit of electronic parts (see home page), kits are supplied by Active Tech Electronics. Sales info will be posted in your D2L Brightspace course page..
Please note: You are free to source your own parts, but it will take time and may cost your more money in the long run. The department recommends that each student have their own set of kits.
GENERAL LAB RULES
The following rules apply to all labs:
- No food or drink allowed in the lab.
- No offensive computer screens.
- No tampering with wires or network cables.
- No use of illegal software.
- No attempting to compromise network security.
- Don't share your password.
- Report any unsafe conditions to Engineering Support or your Lab Instructor immediately.
Further lab safety information can
be found at: https://www.ee.ryerson.ca/guides/labsafety/