The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS • Photo album of the Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony.
- OPEA YOUNG ENGINEER • Ebrahim Bagheri was honoured at the 2016 Ontario Professional Engineers Awards gala with the Engineering Medal for Young Engineer. (Youtube video)
- $400K FUNDING AWARD • Xavier Fernando was awarded an Ontario Centres of Excellence and NSERC funding for "Wireless Sensing and Tracking in Harsh, Low-Light Underground Mines".
- Dr. Rafik Loutfy • "ENGINEERING INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP @RYERSON" • Jan. 26, 2017, 12PM, ENG106
- Dr. Sushanta Mitra • "MICRO & NANOFABRICATION FOR BIOSENSORS" • Feb. 6, 2017, 1PM, ENG106
- Prof. Weihua Zhuang • "RECENT RESEARCH ON VEHICULAR AD HOC NETWORKS" • Feb. 13, 2017, 1PM, ENG106
- MASC DEFENSE ◊ Shriram Shukla • "IMPACT OF TRANSIENT STABILITY CONSTRAINT ON UNIT COMMITMENT WITH RENEWABLES" • Dec. 5, 12NOON, ENG460
- MASC DEFENSE ◊ Bryan Bonnici • "EFFICIENT DESIGN FOR LOWER BODY EXOSKELETON CONTROL SYSTEM" • Dec. 7, 10AM, ENG460
- PHD DEFENSE ◊ Ghassem Tofighi • "DAIA: ENGAGEMENT DETECTION FRAMEWORK FOR HAND GESTURE AND POSTURE RECOGNITION" • Dec. 7, 12PM, ENG460
- MASC DEFENSE ◊ Abdullah Biran • "AUTOMATIC DETECTION AND CLASSIFICATION OF DIABETIC RETINOPATHY FROM RETINAL FUNDUS IMAGES" • Dec. 7, 2PM, ENG460