The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 39 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one Tier-1 Canada Research Chair in multimedia, and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous prestigious awards including Premier Research Excellence awards, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- CENTRE FOR ENGINEERING, INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP Abdeslem Kadri, MaSc student, founder and CTO of start-up Power Roots, used Ryerson's CEIE to research and market his design software.
- UTDP ACCREDITATION Gosha Zywno led the team that resulted in the accreditation of the Ryerson University Teaching Development Program.
- NSERC STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP GRANT Bala Venkatesh awarded total $8.5M NSERC Network Grant in the field of Energy Storage.
- SEMINAR • Dr. Ebrahim Bagheri • "Modeling Semantics of Content on Twitter (What did you mean when you said Yoyo!)" • Oct. 22, 12:00-1:00PM, KHW 57
- PHD DEFENCE • Sebastian Rivera • "Architecture and Control of an Electric Charging Station using Bipolar DC Bus" • Nov. 19, 2015, 1-3PM, ENG460