The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- V. YANG ON CTV NEWS • V. Yang was interviewed on CTV News about his research on spinal injuries. (Note: linked to CTV News video)
- NSERC INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH CHAIR • E. Bagheri awarded $1.5M NSERC Industrial Research Chair in Social Media Analytics.
- $150K NSERC RESEARCH GRANT • X. Fernando awarded another NSERC Collaborative Research and Development grant.
- CAPSTONE OPEN HOUSE PHOTOS • Photo album of the 2017 Capstone Design Project Open House.
- Dr. Larissa Schudlo • "AUTONOMIC DETECTION OF NON-INVASIVE DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS ACROSS THE LIFESPAN" • May. 26, 10AM, ENG LG104
- Dr. Trevor McKee • "QUANTIFYING DRUG, GENE, AND OXYGEN TRANSPORT WITHIN TUMORS USING IMAGING AND PATHOLOGY ANALYTICS HELPS TO DESIGN BETTER CANCER THERAPIES" • Jun. 2, 10AM, ENG 471
- MASC THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Timothy Liang • "Analysis of Electrooculogram (EOG) Signals in Studying Myasthenia Gravis" • May. 30, 10A, ENG471
- PHD INTERNAL DEFENCE ◊ Lei Gao • "A Discriminative Analysis Framework for Multi-modal Information Fusion" • Jun. 15, 11A, ENG460
- PHD THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Qiang Wei • "Current Source Converter-Based Offshore Wind Farm: Configuration, Modulation, and Control" • Jun. 29, 1P, ENG460
- PHD INTERNAL DEFENCE ◊ Saba Sedghizadeh • "Subspace Predictive Control: Stability and Performance Enhancement" • Jul. 4, 10A, ENG471