The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 39 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence awards, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- GO GREEN SEMIFINALS • Dewan Ahmed and Tithi Tasnuva reach semi-finals in the Go Green in the City competition.
- OPEN HOUSE PHOTOS • Photo album of the Capstone design projects.
- 2016 CAPSTONE DESIGN PRIZE WINNERS • In the ceremony following the Engineering Open House, five student teams were awarded prizes for their projects, including the Marzio Pozzuoli Award worth $10,000 and the Gold, Silver (two-way tie) and Bronze Dept. awards of Apple iPhones, Watches and TV boxes.
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Savdulla Kazazi • "Extensive Evaluation of the North American Lightning Detection Network Performance Characteristics Based on CN Tower Lightning Data" • May 31, 2016, 11AM, ENG471
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Rafael Oliveira • "Modelling, Simulation, Control, and Enhanced Topologies for the Modular Multilevel Converter for HVDC Applications" • Jun. 8, 2016, 1PM, ENG460
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Saeed Pouryazdian • "Tensor Analysis of Electroencephalogram Signal for Localization of Event-Related Potentials" • Jun. 14, 2016, 10AM, ENG460