The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 39 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- TASME AWARD • Xavier Fernando was awarded the "TASME Award for Excellence in Wireless Communications".
- COLLABORATION WITH HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS • Xavier Fernando has initiated collaboration with Healthcare Management Systems to develop algorithms for the accurate prognosis of impending health conditions.
- ENGINEERING MEDAL FOR YOUNG ENGINEER • Ebrahim Bagheri has been awarded the 2016 Ontario Professional Engineers "Engineering Medal for Young Engineer" from the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- IEEE SEMINAR • Adam Noel • "Finding Common Ground: Channel Analysis and Receiver Models for Diffusive Molecular Communication" • Jul. 27, 1PM, University of Toronto, Bahen Centre, BA1200
- RESEARCH SEMINAR • Faycal Saffih • "Artificially Intelligent Imaging (AI2): System to Circuit to Device Level Implementations of Smart CMOS Imaging" • Aug. 11, 2016, 1PM, ENG LG05