The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- LEARN JUNOS • Juniper Network Academic Bootcamp gives students an understanding of the Junos OS, networking fundamentals, and basic routing and switching.
- SPRING TRANSITION • To all 3rd and 4th year COE and ELE students, the Spring Transition Program will be offering a few select 4th year courses.
- NEW FACULTY • The Department welcomes April Khademi to the faculty. A graduate of Ryerson, she was an Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Guelph.
- Dr. Hassan Kojori • "MORE ELECTRIC AIRCRAFT - A CLOSER LOOK AT MODERN AIRCRAFT DESIGN" • Mar. 2, 2017, 12P, ENG106
- PHD DEFENSE ◊ Ramyar Rashed Mohassel • "Novel Adaptation of Optimization Algorithms for Electricity Consumption Management Using Load Moderation Centers in Smart Grids" • Mar. 15, 2017, 10AM, ENG460