The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- NEW FACULTY • The Department welcomes April Khademi to the faculty. A graduate of Ryerson, she was an Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Guelph.
- ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS • Photo album of the Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony.
- OPEA YOUNG ENGINEER • Ebrahim Bagheri was honoured at the 2016 Ontario Professional Engineers Awards gala with the Engineering Medal for Young Engineer. (Youtube video)
- Dr. Andrew Eckford • "MOLECULAR COMMUNICATION: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE" • Jan. 16, 2017, 1PM, ENG106
- Dr. Rafik Loutfy • "ENGINEERING INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP @RYERSON" • Jan. 26, 2017, 12PM, ENG106
- Dr. Sushanta Mitra • "MICRO & NANOFABRICATION FOR BIOSENSORS" • Feb. 6, 2017, 1PM, ENG106
- Prof. Weihua Zhuang • "RECENT RESEARCH ON VEHICULAR AD HOC NETWORKS" • Feb. 13, 2017, 1PM, ENG106
- MASC DEFENSE ◊ Nipu Barai • "HUMAN VISUAL SYSTEM INSPIRED SALIENCY GUIDED EDGE PRESERVING TONE-MAPPING FOR HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE IMAGING" • Jan. 16, 2017, 10AM, ENG460
- PHD DEFENSE ◊ Ghassem Tofighi • "DAIA: ENGAGEMENT DETECTION FRAMEWORK FOR HAND GESTURE AND POSTURE RECOGNITION" • Jan. 18, 2017, 12N, ENG460
- MENG DEFENSE ◊ Alejandro Emerio Alfonso Oviedo • "STEREO VISION SYSTEM FOR DEPTH COMPUTATION OF MOVING OBJECT" • Jan. 18, 2017, 2PM, ENG471
- PHD DEFENSE ◊ Roozbeh Manshaei • "TANGIBLE VISUAL ANALYTICS: THE INTEGRATION OF TANGIBLE INTERACTIONS AND COMPUTATIONAL TECHNIQUES FOR BIOLOGICAL DATA VISUALIZATION AND MODELLING... " • Jan. 20, 2017, 2PM, ENG460
- MASC DEFENSE ◊ Udaya Regmi • "ENERGY EFFICIENT OPERATION OF A BASE TRANSCEIVER STATION USING MARKOV DECISION PROCESS" • Jan. 25, 2017, 01AM, ENG471
- MASC DEFENSE ◊ Praneeth Sakhamuri • "DEPLOYMENT OF VIRTUAL MACHINES FOR TIERED APPLICATIONS IN CLOUD SYSTEMS" • Jan. 25, 2017, 11AM, ENG460