The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- NEW FACULTY • The Department welcomes Dafna Sussman and Larissa Schudlo to the faculty.
- JAMES LENNOX PACKHAM (1927–2017) • Former Chair of the Electrical Engineering Department.
- $360K NSERC CRD GRANT • S. Krishnan awarded grant with 20/20 Armor for "Robust electronic scoring analysis system for recreational and professional taekwondo sports".
- $250K NSERC CRD GRANT • N. Khan awarded grant in partnership with SimentIT Inc. for "A Novel Augmented Reality Framework for Enriching Museum Exhibits".
- August 22, 9AM - 11:30AM, ENG358 • NSERC DISCOVERY GRANT PANEL SESSION • The panelists are members of several NSERC Evaluation Groups. This session would be particularly informative for new faculty members. RSVP.
- MASC THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Mushu Li • "Load Balancing for Smart Grid: Centralized and Distributed Approaches" • Aug. 23, 10:30A, ENG460
- MENG PROJECT DEFENCE ◊ Parth Parekh • "All-Digital ΔΣ Time-to-Digital Converter with Bi-Directional Gated Delay Line Time Integrator" • Aug. 24, 3P, ENG460
- PHD THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Saba Sedghizadeh • "Subspace Predictive Control: Stability And Performance Enhancement" • Aug. 29, 10A, ENG460
- MASC THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Muhammad Obaidullah • "Application Mapping and NoC Configuration using Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization" • Aug. 29, 1P, ENG471