The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 39 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one Tier-1 Canada Research Chair in multimedia, and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous prestigious awards including Premier Research Excellence awards, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- ENERGY STORAGE RESEARCH Post doctorate research fellow at CUE, Bhanu Opathella, investigates electricity storage with a 150 kW Li-Ion battery.
- 7D SURGICAL INC. HONOURED Envision 3D: Image Guidance System, co-invented by Victor Yang, was recognized as one of nine best new spine care technologies for 2015.
- MICROGRIDS TAKE POWER OFF-LINE Bala Venkatesh is working on microgrids as a solution for power failures during emergencies.
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Fatima Hussain • "Resource Allocation in Clustered M2M Networks: A Q-learning Approach" • Dec. 2, 2015, 10AM, ENG460
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Mohammadali Beheshti • "Simulation of Current Density Imaging in Studying Cardiac State" • Dec. 10, 2015, 10AM, ENG471
- MASC DEFENCE ◊ Jaksa Rubinic • "A Novel Predictive Control Strategy for Neutral-Point Clamped Converter with Harmonic Spectrum Shaping" • Dec. 10, 2015, 1PM, ENG460
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Jiaqi Zhou • "All-Fiber All-Polarization-Maintaining Passively Mode-Locked Fiber" • Dec. 17, 2015, 1PM, ENG471