The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- $575K NSERC STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP GRANT • Lian Zhao and her collaborators at the University of Victoria and the University of Waterloo were awarded a 2016 NSERC Strategic Partnership Grant for Projects.
- IEEE BEST PAPER AWARD • Lian Zhao, Bobby Ma, and their former Ph.D. student, Khalid Hafeez, were awarded the 2016 Best Land Transportation Paper Award by the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society.
- NEW BOOK • Lev Kirischian's book, "Reconfigurable Computing Systems Engineering: Virtualization of Computing Architecture" has been published by CRC Press.
- Prof. Tim Davidson • "MULTIPLE ANTENNA DOWNLINK COMMUNICATION: A VIGNETTE OF THE ART OF ROBUST OPTIMIZATION" • Oct. 20, 1PM, TRS 1129
- Prof. Sadaoki Furui • "Perspectives of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Technology" • Oct. 27, 1PM, TRS 1129