The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to one Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in Software and Semantic Computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in Biomedical Engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards.
- FELLOW OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF CANADA • Bin Wu was one of 89 new Fellows elected by the Royal Society of Canada.
- STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES • Department is seeking student representatives for the department council. Nominations are open to all ELE, BME and COE students from 2nd-4th years.
- PAUL KANTOREK, IN MEMORIAM • Paul Kantorek was a member of the faculty in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department from 1981 to 2009.
- THALES PROJECT ARDUINO • Build a Thales-inspired project using an Arduino and win prizes.
- Prof. Lin Cai • IEEE Distinguished Seminar • "Connected Vehicles for Intelligent and Green Transportation" • Sep. 25, 4P, KHE 220
- Prof. Zhi Ding • "A Markov Decision Process Control of Robust Header Compression for Achieving High Spectral Efficiency in IP Wireless Networks" • Sep. 26, 3P, KHS 134
- PHD INTERNAL DEFENCE ◊ Pooya Sobhebidari • "Ultrasound Shear Wave Elastography Numerical Modeling and Simulation with an Application in HIFU Thermal Lesion Detection" • Sep. 27, 2P, ENG460