The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 39 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous prestigious awards including Premier Research Excellence awards, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- PEO AWARD Xavier Fernando has been awarded the 2015 Professional Engineers of Ontario, Mississauga Chapter, "Engineering Excellence Award".
- 2015 ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS Congratulations to the award recipients.
- ENERGY STORAGE RESEARCH Post doctorate research fellow at CUE, Bhanu Opathella, investigates electricity storage with a 150 kW Li-Ion battery.
- SEMINAR • Vio Onut • "How to Reconstruct User Actions for Complex Web Applications by Using Only HTTP Traces" • Feb. 8, 2016, 12PM, ENG LG14
- SEMINAR • Rafik Loutfy • "Engineering & Entrepreneurship @Ryerson" • Feb. 4, 2016, 12PM, ENG LG14
- PHD DEFENCE ◊ Masoud Ovais-Gharan • "Virtual Channel Organization And Arbitration For Network On Chip Router Architecture" • Feb. 25, 2016, 2:45PM, ENG460
- SEMINAR • Natalia K. Nikolova • "Microwave Near-Field Imaging of Human Tissue: Hopes, Challenges, Outlook" • Feb. 26, 2016, 12PM, ENG LG04