The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University. The Department has 40 full-time faculty members, 12 support staff, and over 1,000 undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Engineering degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering. Over 300 students are currently enrolled in M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Computer Networks.
FACULTY & RESEARCH
The Department is the home to three IEEE Fellows, one 3M National Teaching Fellow, one NSERC Industrial Research Chair in energy systems, one tier-2 Canada Research Chair in software and semantic computing and two Tier-2 Canada Research Chairs in biomedical engineering, and many other faculty members who have distinguished themselves with numerous awards including Premier Research Excellence, and Ryerson Research Chair awards. The faculty members of the Department are engaged in research over a broad spectrum of electrical, computer, and biomedical engineering.
- RYERSON ENGINEERING DAY • Capstone Design Project Open House is on April 28, 10AM-5PM. The Class of 2017 will be demonstrating their electrical, computer and biomedical engineering Capstone projects. Everyone is welcome.
- LEARN JUNOS • Juniper Network Academic Bootcamp gives students an understanding of the Junos OS, networking fundamentals, and basic routing and switching.
- Prof. Patrick M. Boyle • "COMPUTATIONAL CARDIOLOGY: ENGINEERING RADICAL NEW APPROACHES FOR THE TREATMENT OF HEART RHYTHM DISORDERS" • Apr. 27, 10AM, KHW061
- MENG PROJECT DEFENCE ◊ Md Atiqul Islam • "Design and Implementation of Automatic Phase Changer" • Apr. 21, 12P, ENG460
- MASC THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Norhan Mostafa Mansour • "Lightning Environment in the Vicinity of the CN Tower During Major Storms" • Apr. 26, 9:20AM, ENG471
- MASC THESIS DEFENCE ◊ Ghazal Zamani • "The Effects Of A Fault Management Architecture On The Performance Of A Cloud Based Application" • May. 4, 2PM, ENG460